Vaild from 02/03/2020
Definitions are as per GeoPal Standard Terms and Conditions
GeoPal reserves the right to update this guidance as the implementation of the GDPR progresses.
You may submit various types of information and data into the Services for hosting and processing purposes (“Customer Data”). Customer Data may include, without limitation: personal information such as names, email addresses and phone numbers of your end user customers, potential customers and other users of and visitors to your websites, apps and other systems, which information may be input into the Services by you or collected by the Services using GeoPal tags, scripts and other code implemented on such systems
We will only use, disclose and otherwise process Customer Data for the purposes set forth in your agreement with us for the provisioning of the Services. GeoForms Software Limited T/A GeoPal Solutions (referred to as “company”, “we”, “us” and “our”);
2). Contacting Us
We will make good faith efforts to access data required. We may not respond to queries that we solely judge are for example (among others) repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort or endanger the data of others
4). Protection of Information
We have a number of security measures to maintain the safety of information. All supplied sensitive information should be transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Data may be encrypted on our Database or to our Payment gateway supplier’s database and only then will be accessible by personnel authorised with required access rights to such systems.
We retain information for various periods as required, but longer retention periods are sometimes required or permitted by law.
5). Information Collected
You cannot use the Services anonymously. This may include (among others):
· We collect information from you when you register and/or use our Services.
· When registering you may be asked to enter among other information: name, address, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card information, or phone numbers.
· Physical locations, exact GPS location information
· Device Details
· Assisted GPS or network information
· IP address, referrer web pages that you visit and any other data stored in website logs
· Financial details
· Session information
· Bank details - all transactions are handled through our accredited payment gateways
6). When information is collected
When using the Services, provided by you to us directly, or from third parties.
7). What we use information for:
Information we collect may be used in one or more of the following ways:
•To offer Services;
•To administer a site feature;
•To meet our legal and regulatory obligations
•To improve our website and Services based on the information and feedback from you;
•Help us to respond to customer needs by personalizing customer experiences;
•To deliver, enhance and improve customer service;
•Marketing Activities and offer product and services that we feel you will be interested in.
•Training and quality assurance
•Form and agree all types of commercial agreements;
•To make credit decisions and Information to process your payments;
•To communicate directly with you, including by sending you newsletters, promotions and special offers or information about new products and services. The email addresses you provide will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to the Services;
•To control unauthorized use or abuse of the Services and our other products and services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
•To analyse trends, administer or optimize the Services, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users’ movements around the Services) and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole;
•Quality control and reporting and management;
•We may use a "click-through URL". We track this data to assist in customer communications. If you do not agree do not click the click-through URL;
•Pixel tags may be used to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers;
•Any information you communicate may be visible to other users. You are responsible for the personal information you communicate;
We will also disclose information if necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our other Customers.
We may make decisions based solely on an automated analysis of your information.
We may analyse your information using automated means to:
- Help us understand your needs and develop our relationship with you;
- To help us develop new products and services
- To help us to offer you products and service information we believe will be of interest to you;
- To make assessments where you apply for a new service
- We also use automated processing to assist in compliance with any legal obligations.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails or SMSs please follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or SMS.
If you do withdraw consent for us to use the information, we may not be able to:
•Provide requested GeoPal Services to you
•To continue to provide and/or renew existing Services
•Assess commercial suitability and
•Give you a recommendation for a new Service provided by us.
We will tell you when we ask for information which is not a contractual requirement or is not needed to comply with our legal obligations.
8). Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
The data will not be transferred outside of the EU/EEA
· Where we are required by any regulatory body, law enforcement agency, court or other legal processes
· To other persons connected with your account (e.g. company directors, partners etc)
· We may share and/or transfer your personal information if we become involved in a merger, sale, acquisition, bankruptcy, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets; thus we may share your personal information with any future parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, other financial advisers or other intermediaries;
· We may share your personal information with agents, advisers, partners and contractors third-party service providers to permit such parties to provide services that help us with our business activities, which may include assisting us with marketing, advertising our product/service, or providing, maintaining and improving the features and functionality of the Services, among other things. For example, we may provide personal information to our service providers for direct emailing of our newsletters or notifications of our product/service Services;
- In the case of a prospective merger, reorganization, or sale of the GeoPal company we will transfer any and all information (including personal) we collect to the relevant third party;
· We may share your personal information when we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
(a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request,
(b) enforce a Customer Agreement, including investigation of potential violations thereof, or
(c) protect against imminent harm to our rights, property or safety, or that of our users or the public as required or permitted by law;
(d) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security or technical issues;
- We may share your personal information with our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us
- Third parties in the provision of GeoPal services
- We may share your Payment Information to process your payments
- We may share your personal information with any third party if we have your consent to do so.
- We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties for other purposes.
- Such information does not identify you individually, but may include usage, viewing and technical information such as the types of Services our customers and users generally use, the configuration of their computers, and performance metrics related to the use of Services which we collected through our technology. If we are required under applicable law to treat such information as personal information, then we will only disclose it as described above.
9). Your Controls and Choices
Opt-Outs. We may provide you with the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. If you decide to opt-out, we may not be able to provide certain features of the Services to you.
Communication Preferences. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included on such communications or on the Services. Please note, however, that you may be unable to opt-out of certain Service related communications.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Your Web browser may have a “do not track” setting which, when enabled, causes your browser to send a do not track HTTP header file or “signal” to each site you visit. At present, the Services do not respond to this type of signal.
The GDPR contains enhanced rights for individuals. These include the right to:
· Receive certain information on the collection of personal data
· Access personal data
· Rectify inaccurate personal data
· Be forgotten
· Restrict the processing of his/her data
· Object to direct marketing
· Object to automated decision making or profiling.
· Automated decision making occurs
· You have the right to receive a copy of all personal data (within the meaning of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003) relating to you which is held by us following a written request (for which a fee will be charged) and to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected. You may be required to provide us with sufficient information to verify your identity and locate your data.
Please note GeoPal does not allow the transfer data from one customer organisation to another.
10). Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
When you use the Services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information upon your request and either provide you the means to correct this information if it is inaccurate or to delete such information at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. You may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your information at any time. To do so, please contact us at support@Geopal.com with your name and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed, or if you are using the Service, sign in to your account, and where possible make the desired changes.
We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), jeopardise the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction there is an associated charge. We do not offer data/information portability to other systems.
Please note that if you cease using the Service or we terminate your access to the Service in accordance with your Customer Agreement, you may no longer have the ability to access or update your information. We may retain your information as necessary to support the Services, comply with our legal obligations or resolve disputes. Note that content you post may remain on the Services even if you cease using the Services or we terminate your access to the Services. Your data may be permanently deleted.
A reasonable charge will be applied for such requests
This Service uses a web analytics service.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain a variety of appropriate technical and organisational safeguards to protect your personal information. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Further, we have implemented reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect personal information about you.
The Customer is responsible for the use of the facilities granted in your name. The main protection is your password. Please make it difficult to guess and above all, do not share your password with anyone, write it down or give it out over the phone. If you think someone knows your password, ask for it to be changed as soon as possible. Maintaining the privacy of your password is your responsibility and consequently you are responsible for any abuses taking place using your name and password. In general, do not leave your computer or mobile device unattended without securing the session by password or signing off.
When you enter sensitive information (such as your password), we encrypt that information in transit using industry-standard Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology. No method of transmission over the Internet, method of electronic storage or other security methods are one hundred percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
All web browsing is logged. The logs of web browsing will only be accessed with the Companies management authorisation where there are reasonable grounds to believe that a policy has been contravened.
15). Personal Use
No amount of personal (non business use) is permitted. Any Personal use would infringe this policy as well as Data Protection Acts. Minors (less than 18 years old) are not eligible to use the Services in any way and are strictly prohibited. Minors may not submit any information (personal or otherwise) to us whatsoever. The Customer is solely and absolutely responsible for ensuring this is the case. Any Personal use would infringe this policy, the GeoPal Standard Terms and Conditions, as well as Data Protection Acts.
16). Further Reading