Digital mobile technologies are imperative for the survival of all Utility organisations in today’s competitive market. Mobile technologies support operational efficiency, productivity, enhanced compliance and improved service delivery. To fully realise these benefits, utilities need to embrace digital transformation. Transforming processes from a “mobile first” perspective, organisations will be well positioned to innovate and evolve, meeting the demands of rapidly changing energy markets.
Unlocking the Potential to Transform Utilities with GeoPal
The challenges of the demanding utilities market are solved through the use of flexible, agile technologies. Implementing digital transformation in your Utilities organisation is not as complex as it may initially seem. Using GeoPal’s mobile workforce management solution, within a few weeks Utility contractors can extract real time data from the field as the project unfolds, gaining actionable insights through powerful dashboards. With GeoPal, there is no software coding required – customisable mobile forms can be created easily, using a simple drag and drop interface. These dashboards can allow a contractor for example to see:
- Project profitability
- Field Worker utilisation
- Asset Reports
Utility Organisations can unlock the following benefits with GeoPal:
- Increase Field Worker utilisation rates by 20% with real-time productivity reports
- Reduce office administration costs by 50% by eliminating all paper processes and re-entry of field data.
- Increase Project Profitability by 25% by delivering reports to supervisors in the field showing daily Cost Performance.
- Reduce the time taken to issue Work-In-Progress invoices from 30 days to 3 days with real time progress reports for each project or contract
- Increase client satisfaction by 60% with same-day reports for every project.
- Reduce insurance claims by 75% with enforced health & safety compliance.
Utility and Utility Support Services companies already benefiting using GeoPal are operating in a diverse range of markets including power, water, telecommunications, road, rail, marine, petrochemical, nuclear, civil engineering and other infrastructure services. Projects are manpower-heavy, work includes civils, maintenance, fibre installation, scaffolding, industrial painting, cleaning and refurbishment.