Founded in 2011, GeoPal is an award-winning provider of field operations and mobile workforce management solutions. It’s core product provides organisations across the globe with real-time visibility over field operations through executive dashboards and KPI reports, delivering increased operational efficiency and health & safety compliance.
What’s the Role?
GeoPal Solutions are a software firm providing a highly flexible & customisable mobile data capture solution used by some of the world’s top engineering firms. Following significant growth, we are now hiring a Snr PHP Developer to join the GeoPal team.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment to help us maintain the product consistency our customers have come to expect.
- Work as part of a team of highly experienced developers to develop new GeoPal features based on our product roadmap.
- Review customer feature requests with Project Managers and propose design solutions.
- Work of a variety of different advanced web projects for use with GIS mapping and scheduling solutions.
- Work on integrating GeoPal with 3rd party systems.
- Stay up to date on the latest technology developments and make recommendations on product direction, technology and features.
- Occasionally work with other programming languages and technologies.
- Follow security principles and industry best practices
- Support CTO in the following areas - running of team, weekly reports and managing GeoPal services
Required Skills & Experience:
- Technical education, preferably in Computer Science; University Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Solid knowledge of PHP5/7 in a commercial environment (10+ years experience)
- Must be familiar with RESTful API's and communicating with them as well as Database Interaction MySQL/ MongoDB
- Experience in testing practices
- MySQL development experience
- Excellent coding skills with a passion for clean readable code
- Experience in a Linux environment and server administration
- Enthusiastic, determined, energetic, relentless and creative team player with the ability to work individually
- Fluent English
- Flawless communication skills
- Experience using one or more PHP frameworks (Codeigniter, Laravel & Homestead, Zend.)
Knowledge of some or all of the following would be a distinct advantage:
- Experience in ExtJS
- Experience in Git
- Experience in PHPStorm
- Cloud based Knowledge (AWS)
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- HTTP protocol experience
- People Management
What’s it like to work at GeoPal?
At GeoPal you will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing technology companies (29th fastest growing Irish technology company, 2018) and will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future direction of the core product.
GeoPal places the team at the heart of the organisation making it a great place to work. We all have a shared vision of success and this vision has allowed GeoPal to become the successful business that it is today.
We have setup the following teams to explore how we can improve our core values, how we behave as an organisation both internally and externally:
Core Value Teams -
- The Grand Social
- Corporate and Social Responsibility
- Great Place to work
- Magnificent Obsession
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and technology driven environment
- We help you plan for your future by matching your 5% contribution towards your pension
- Focused career development we encourage employees to enhance learning by attending external work-related courses
- If you’re commuting or cycling, we’ve got you covered with taxsaver tickets and the cycle-to-work scheme.
- Employee wellbeing is top of our agenda, office yoga, healthy fruit and snacks along with breakfast.
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- Weekly team breakfast and monthly nights out
- We celebrate your Birthday with Birthday Cake
- MacBooks are our standard for office equipment
- A great location in the heart of Dublin city
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!
Temple Bar, Dublin 2.
Permanent, Full-time. To apply for this role you must have a full valid employment visa to work in Ireland.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No third-party recruiting assistance needed for this role.